In Part 10 of the tutorial we'll summarize the established development workflow and I'll invite you to come back to this course for improvement.
It's recommended that you have read the previous steps of this course. You'll find the overview at the end of this blogpost.
20. Summary of project development workflow
Congratulations! You've come a long way.
We have built this simple stack in the previous 9 lessons:
- Linux Ubuntu 20.04 Server on Hetzner Cloud
- Gitlab Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline
- MySQL and phpMyAdmin Database Access
At this point you should be able to install any website CMS on your server or develop one from scratch.
ATTENTION: I'll be adding an infographic of the course workflow later to visualize the entire process.
You'll also see how you can improve your environment in matters of security, collaboration and many other topics.
21. I'll be back – the course update log
I strongly suggest to revisit this very topic from time to time because I will improve the course over time, which I will document here so you don't have to search all the course for new information and updates. In case you want to get a message please feel free to sign up to the blog newsletter.
July 31st 2021:
You may want to read this new blogpost as a next step after this course:
Monitoring your websites with Uptime Robot
I'm also happy if you suggest any improvements to me. I'm very open to get in a conversation with you. It's a bit of work to handle a tech blog on your own so I could use a little help here and there to check if I made mistakes. Please just send a message also if you simply want to say hi: email@example.com
In grand addition feel free to connect with me on my LinkedIn profile. It helps if you simply put the word johndevrebel in the contact message so I can identify where you're coming from.
The Course Syllable:
22.05.2021 – Part 1
- Introduction & reasoning
29.05.2021 – Part 2
- Create Hetzner Cloud Server
- Connect to Server
05.06.2021 – Part 3
- Update and upgrade Ubuntu installation and install apache2
- Install PHP
12.06.2021 – Part 4
- Establish ssh keys
- Add new sudo user
- Deactivate root user
- Make new sudo user owner of ssh service
19.06.2021 – Part 5
- Buy Domain and point it to Hetzner Server
- Create Virtual Host for domain
26.06.2021 – Part 6
- Get free Let's Encrypt SSL certificates
- Request certificate, active https and force SSL
03.07.2021 – Part 7
- Install Git on Remote Server
- Create CI/CD user and ssh keys for Gitlab on Remote Server
10.07.2021 – Part 8
- Create Gitlab Repository
- Establish ssh keys and configure CI/CD
17.07.2021 – Part 9
- Install MySQL
- Install phpMyAdmin
24.07.2021 – Part 10
- Summary of project development workflow
- I'll be back – The course update log
See you next week for more